BOUDOIR SESSION INFO:
Your boudoir session will last approx 2 hours. Please give yourself some time to travel to and from the lodge. Try not to show up more than 15 minutes earlier since another session will be in progress.
If you choose to have your make-up and hair done on the location of the shoot, make sure to let us know in advance so I can allocate an area of the house for hair and make that is away from the session in progress as we wold start your hair and make up before your shoot so it's done by the time your shoot starts. (Model must pay for her own hair and makeup)
If you choose to apply your own make up, please come with make up already on, but feel free to bring a make up bag for touch ups.
False lashes can add a little extra sexiness to the photos (but it's not necessary). They can sometimes look too fake if not done properly.
Here's a few tips to better prepare for your session.
1. Do not apply fake tanner. I know this is hard, especially if you are totally white like I am. But really, the camera is only going to enhance that un-natural orange glow you have and you will end up looking weird.
2. Do apply lotion. Apply lotion the night before. You can also bring some non-oily lotion to the session. By keeping your skin super moisturized, you will create a natural looking glow that will come across in your photos as ethereal and heavenly.
3. Wear false eyelashes. When I did my first shoot, all of the girls opted to wear false lashes. They make look somewhat fake in real life and you may feel weird wearing them. However, in the photos they make a HUGE difference. You actually don’t really notice them in the pictures, but you will notice their effect. They accentuate your eyes and give them a gorgeous almond shape. These are a must-have!
4. Treat yourself to some pretty lingerie. You will probably never do anything like this again (although some people make it a yearly practice!) so really make an event out of it. Treat yourself to some beautiful lingerie. Not only will this make your photos more interesting, it will boost your confidence, making you look your best. Be sure to try the lingerie on beforehand, and maybe bring a friend with you to the dressing room that will be totally honest. Something may look gorgeous on the hanger, but not be the most flattering for your body. The opposite is also true. Something may not look like much on the hanger, but if it plays up your body’s best features, it will look stunning. Choose a lingerie store where you will receive personal attention and helpful advice from experts who will help you choose the right look for you and proper fit.
5. Get a manicure and pedicure, or at least do one yourself. People tend to forget about their nails, but they do show up in a majority of your photos. Chipped nail polish is not pretty. Also, try to choose a neutral nail color so they don’t distract from your gorgeous face.
6. Don’t be nervous. I promise you, you will look FABULOUS. Your insecurities will melt as you get in front of the camera. Just remind yourself that no matter how you THINK you look, you will look amazing in the end. We will highlight your favorite body parts and downplay your least favorite ones. Our job is to make you look fabulous.
What to bring:
Lingerie (2 to 6 outfits) (you can bring more if you wish)
If you decide to bring a friend to tag along, we usually recommend no more that 1 other person.